We take health and safety very seriously at Flash Recording. With the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we have established a number of safety policies (with the guidance of our personal liability insurance policy for the studio to make sure that everyone stays safe while recording.
1. Masks are mandatory when entering the building and while in the control room. Face shields alone are NOT acceptable. Masks with valves/holes/openings are NOT acceptable. You MUST have a cloth mask, surgical mask, or N95 mask. No exceptions.
You can take your mask off when you are in the live room recording your parts. Our control room is not large enough to maintain a safe distance, so masks are still mandatory while in the control room. Additionally, there is no eating or drinking allowed in the control room at this time.
2. Maintain adequate distance when possible.
There may be times where an engineer and a musician may pass each other during setup or moving about the studio, but let's try to stay the recommended two metres apart.
3. No unnecessary people will be allowed into the studio.
Unfortunately we will not be allowing photographers, managers, romantic partners, friends, or anyone else unnecessary to the recording process into the studio at this time.
4. A limit of 4 people maximum in the studio. This means the engineer PLUS a maximum of three musicians, although we prefer to have only three people total.
We generally recommend the engineer, the musician who is recording their parts at that time, and the main songwriter.
5. Make a plan with us ahead of time.
Recording isn't as easy as booking time and showing up anymore. Talk to us beforehand, let us know your needs ahead of time, and we will come up with a plan of attack to make sure that the recording process goes smoothly and efficiently, and everyone stays safe.
6. If you are sick, STAY HOME. There is no fee to reschedule or cancel.
Even prior to the pandemic, we have never charged cancellation fees! If you have been sick within the past two weeks, or are feeling sick the morning of your session, let us know right away. It doesn't cost you anything.
7. We may close at any time.
If we feel there has been a possible exposure at the studio, we will close and reschedule all our sessions. This is in everyone's best interest.
8. Failure to abide by our safety regulations will result in you being asked to leave with no refund.
Everyone has been great so far - don't be the person to ruin it!
In addition to these safety procedures, we also disinfect all surfaces after every session. This includes door handles, tabletops, the bathroom, handrails, and more. We take safety very seriously here!
Listen, we know everyone has different levels of safety for this pandemic. We know that you may feel COVID isn't that bad, or that the chance of getting it is low, or that masks are annoying to wear, but not everyone feels that way. We aren't going to debate the finer points of virology, because we run a recording studio. If you don't feel comfortable with these safety measures, you are free to record elsewhere!